Wednesday, February 24, 2010

so, in my burgeoning solo career which began in earnest last year, I have received my first significant "No"...a relatively popular dinner club/venue responded to my submission for a spot on their calendar with the following:
Thank you for your submission, however at this time we are not interested in your music.

Not interested in your music?......Okay now I get that rejection is an unfortunate component of my chosen profession, but DAMN!!! I guess it's the turn of phrase; when you use the terminology "your music" you make it really personal. It becomes about me as a person. It's not a rejection of my act, or even my playing, but since it's music that I created, it's a rejection of me as a person. Not a good feeling. Now I have to figure out how not to let this bother me. How to not bug myself with a myriad of whys and how comes and what's wrong with me's....tough one. It's amazing, I've received so much positive feedback about my solo endeavors over the last several months, This one rejection should by no means offset that. By no means. Not even a little bit.....right....I'm sure I'll feel better after my next gig...people dig it...I just gotta concentrate on continuing to dig doing it. even in the face of rejection.

No comments:

Post a Comment